--full press release available here.
Geneva, CH – The 93rd MPEG meeting was held in Geneva, Switzerland from the 26th to the 30th of July 2010.
Highlights of the 93rd Meeting
- USAC progresses to Committee Draft
- MPEG-V collection of six new parts for information exchange with virtual worlds is completed
- AIT reaches first major standard’s development milestone
- MPEG launches standard for the carriage of multimedia data over HTTP
- New amendment enables efficient representation of 3D meshes with multiple attributes
- Calls for Proposals for MMT and Composite Font Standard issued
Details for each highlight can be found in the full press release.
Digging Deeper – How to Contact MPEG
Communicating the large and sometimes complex array of technology that the MPEG Committee has developed is not a simple task. Experts, past and present, have contributed a series of white-papers and vision documents that explain each of these standards individually. The repository is growing with each meeting, so if something you are interested is not there yet, it may appear there shortly – but you should also not hesitate to request it. You can start your MPEG adventure at: http://mpeg.chiariglione.org/technologies.htm.