Kyoto, Japan – The 91st MPEG meeting was held in Kyoto, Japan from the 18th to the 22nd of January 2010.
Highlights of the 91st Meeting
- Advanced technology enables bitrate-efficient teleconferencing and personalized audio
- MPEG and ITU-T SG16 form Joint Collaborative Team (JCT) for High Performance Video Coding
- Creating solutions for Advanced IPTV Terminals
- MPEG Extensible Middleware (MXM) standard debuts to facilitate easy access to MPEG tools across a global market
- MPEG creates efficient and flexible standard for 3D graphics compression
- MPEG Media Transport (MMT) workshop targets requirements and technologies for streaming of MPEG content