*** updated ***
The University of Klagenfurt, with approximately 1,500 employees and over 12,000 students, is located in the Alps-Adriatic region and consistently achieves excellent rankings. The motto “per aspera ad astra” underscores our firm commitment to the pursuit of excellence in all activities in research, teaching, and university management. The principles of equality, diversity, health, sustainability and compatibility of work and family life serve as the foundation for our work at the university.
The University of Klagenfurt is pleased to announce the following open position at the Department of Information Technology at the Faculty of Technical Sciences, employment to commence as soon as possible:
Predoc Scientist (all genders welcome)
Level of employment: 75 % (30 hours/week)
Minimum salary: € 32,116.- per annum (gross); classification according to collective agreement: B1
Limited to: four years
Depending on the funds available the level of employment can be increased to 100 % during the length of employment.
Application deadline: 7 December 2022
Reference code: 215_2/22
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Contributions to research and teaching
- Independent research with the aim of completing a doctoral thesis
- Participation in organizational and administrative tasks
- Participation in public relations activities
- Assistance in the acquisition and running of third-party funded projects
Prerequisites for the appointment:
- Completed Diploma or Master’s studies in the field of Computer Science at a domestic or foreign higher education institution
- Strong background in one or more of the following fields:
- Distributed Systems
- Distributed Multimedia-Systems
- Machine Learning (Neuronal Network, Deep Learning); preferable in the context of Distributed (Multimedia-) Systems
- Excellent programming skills
- Excellent knowledge of English (fluent spoken and written English)
Additional desired qualifications:
- Communication and presentation skills
- International and practical experience within their field of activity
- Teaching experience and didactic competence
- First relevant publications (disregarding Master’s/Diploma thesis)
- German language skills (spoken and written German)
The employment contract is concluded for the position as Predoc Scientist Assistant and stipulates a starting salary of € 2,294.- gross per month (14 times a year, level of employment 75 %), respectively € 3,058.60 gross per month (14 times a year, level of employment 100 %); previous experience deemed relevant to the job can be recognised in accordance with the collective agreement.
The University of Klagenfurt also offers:
- Personal and professional advanced training courses, management and career coaching
- Numerous attractive additional benefits, see also https://jobs.aau.at/en/the-university-as-employer/
- Diversity- and family-friendly university culture
- The opportunity to live and work in the attractive Alps-Adriatic region with a wide range of leisure activities in the spheres of culture, nature, and sports
If you are interested in this position, please apply in German or English by providing the following documents:
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum vitae
- Copies of degree certificates and confirmations
- Proof of all completed higher education programmes
- Concept of a (potential) dissertation project (one page maximum)
Candidates must furnish proof that they meet the required qualifications by 7 December 2022 at the latest.
This position serves the professional and scientific education of graduates of a Diploma or Master’s programme to complete a doctorate programme in Computer Science. Applications from persons with a relevant doctorate or PhD cannot be considered.
To apply, please select the position with the reference code 215_2/22 in the category “Scientific Staff” using the link “Apply for this position” in the job portal, specifically at https://jobs.aau.at/en/job/predoc-scientist-all-genders-welcome-2/.
For further information on this specific vacancy, please contact Univ.-Prof. DI Dr Radu Prodan (firstname.lastname@example.org) and/or Assoc.-Prof. DI Dr Christian Timmerer (email@example.com). General information about the university as an employer can be found at https://jobs.aau.at/en/the-university-as-employer/. At the University of Klagenfurt, recruitment and staff matters are accompanied not only by the authority responsible for the recruitment procedure but also by the Equal Opportunities Working Group and, if necessary, by the Representative for Disabled Persons.
The University of Klagenfurt aims to increase the proportion of women and explicitly invites qualified women to apply for the position. Where the qualification is equivalent, women will receive preferential consideration.
People with disabilities or chronic diseases, who fulfil the requirements, are particularly encouraged to apply.
Travel and accommodation costs incurred during the application process will not be refunded.
Translations into other languages serve informational purposes only. Solely the version advertised in the University Bulletin (Mitteilungsblatt) is legally binding.
Post a Comment