2021 International Conference on Visual Communications and Image Processing (VCIP)
Munich, Germany, December 5-8, 2021
Call for Special Session Proposals [PDF]
The 2021 International Conference on Visual Communications and Image Processing (VCIP), sponsored by the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society, will be held in Munich, Germany, December 5-8, 2021.
As usual, special sessions complement the regular program of VCIP 2021. They are intended to provide a sample of the state-of-the-art and also to highlight important emerging research directions in fields of particular interest to the VCIP participants. The idea is to have a focused effort on a ‘special topic’ rather than a broad focus.
This Call is inviting Special Session Proposals from the visual communications and image processing community according to the requirements defined below.
The target for each Special Session is four papers. The following information should be included in the proposal:
- Title of the proposed special session
- Names and affiliations of the organizers (including brief bio and contact info)
- Session abstract (approx. 250 words) including the motivation and significance of the topic, and the rationale for the proposed special session
- List of invited papers (including a tentative title, author list, and abstract for each paper)
- Optionally, the proposal should describe how the special session will be organized at VCIP in order to make it truly a special event
In addition to invited papers, other potential authors will be allowed to submit papers to Special Sessions.
All submitted special session papers shall conform to the format and length requirements of the regular session papers. If a special session has more than 4 papers being accepted, some of the papers will be moved to the regular paper sessions of the conference.
Proposals will be evaluated based on the timeliness of the topic and relevance to VCIP, as well as the track record of the organizers and anticipated quality of papers in the proposed session. Kindly note that all papers in a special session will be peer-reviewed following the regular paper review process to ensure that the contributions are of the highest quality.
To submit a special session proposal (in a single PDF file) or for additional information regarding the special sessions, please contact Special Session Co-Chairs: Fernando Pereira (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Christian Timmerer (email@example.com).
- Special Session proposal submission deadline: 28 March 2021
- Special Session proposal acceptance notification: 11 April 2021
- Special Session paper submission: 8 June 2021
- Paper acceptance notification: 6 September 2021