One year ago in October 2019 we started the Christian Doppler Labor ATHENA at the University of Klagenfurt which is funded by the Christian Doppler Research Association and Bitmovin. The aim of ATHENA is to research and develop novel paradigms, approaches, (prototype) tools, and evaluation results for the phases
- multimedia content provisioning,
- content delivery, and
- content consumption in the media delivery chain as well as for
- end-to-end aspects, with a focus on, but not being limited to, HTTP Adaptive Streaming (HAS).
- “From Capturing to Rendering: Volumetric Media Delivery With Six Degrees of Freedom“, IEEE Communication Magazine.
- “Fast Multirate Encoding for HTTP Adaptive Streaming Using Machine Learning“, IEEE International Conference on Visual Communications and Image Processing (VCIP) 2020.
- “Relevance-Based Compression of Cataract Surgery Videos Using Convolutional Neural Networks,” ACM International Conference on Multimedia 2020.
- “QUALINET White Paper on Definitions of Immersive Media Experience (IMEx)”, European Network on Quality of Experience in Multimedia Systems and Services.
- “Scalable High Efficiency Video Coding based HTTP Adaptive Streaming over QUIC Using Retransmission“, ACM SIGCOMM 2020 Workshop on Evolution, Performance, and Interoperability of QUIC (EPIQ 2020).
- “Towards View-Aware Adaptive Streaming of Holographic Content,” 2020 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia & Expo Workshops (ICMEW).
- “H2BR: An HTTP/2-based Retransmission Technique to Improve the QoE of Adaptive Video Streaming“, In Proceedings of the 25th ACM Workshop on Packet Video (PV ’20).
- “CAdViSE: Cloud-based Adaptive Video Streaming Evaluation Framework for the Automated Testing of Media Players“, In Proceedings of the 11th ACM Multimedia Systems Conference (MMSys ’20).
- “Objective and Subjective QoE Evaluation for Adaptive Point Cloud Streaming“, In 2020 Twelfth International Conference on Quality of Multimedia Experience (QoMEX).
- “Performance Analysis of ACTE: A Bandwidth Prediction Method for Low-Latency Chunked Streaming“, ACM Transactions on Multimedia Computing, Communications, and Applications
- “On Optimizing Resource Utilization in AVC-based Real-time Video Streaming“, 2020 IEEE Conference on Network Softwarization.
- “Multi-Period Per-Scene Optimization for HTTP Adaptive Streaming“, 2020 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME).
- “Fast Multi-Rate Encoding for Adaptive HTTP Streaming“, 2020 Data Compression Conference (DCC).