ACM MMSys 2020 Research Track - Call for Papers
June 8-11, 2020, Istanbul, Turkey
MMSys is a venue for researchers who explore:
- Complete multimedia systems that provide a new kind of multimedia experience or system whose overall performance improves the state-of-the-art through new research results in more than one component, or
- Enhancements to one or more system components that provide a documented improvement over the state-of-the-art for handling continuous media or time-dependent services.
- Operating systems
- Distributed architectures and protocols
- Domain languages, development tools and abstraction layers
- Using new architectures or computing resources for multimedia
- New or improved I/O architectures or I/O devices, innovative uses, and algorithms for their operation
- Representation of continuous or time-dependent media
- Metrics and measurement tools to assess performance
We encourage submissions in the following focus areas
- Machine learning and statistical modeling for video streaming
- Volumetric media: from capture to consumption
- Fake media and tools for preventing illegal broadcasts
- Submission deadline: January 10, 2020 (firm deadline)
- Acceptance notification: March 16, 2020
- Camera-ready deadline: April 17, 2020
- Online submission: https://mmsys2020.hotcrp.com/
- Submission format: 6-12 pages, using ACM style format (double-blind)
- Reproducibility: Obtain an ACM reproducibility badge by making datasets and code available (Authors will be contacted to make their artifacts available after paper acceptance)
- Papers should be between 6-12 pages long (in PDF format) prepared in the ACM style and written in English. MMSys papers enable authors to present entire multimedia systems or research work that builds on considerable amounts of earlier work in a self-contained manner. MMSys papers are published in the ACM Digital Library. The papers are double-blind reviewed.
- All submissions will be peer-reviewed by at least three TPC members. All papers will be evaluated for their scientific quality. Authors will have a chance to submit their rebuttals before online discussions among the TPC members.