Monday, February 8, 2010

Quality of Multimedia Experience (QoMEx)

What is QoMEx? I think it can be explained as a derivation of Quality of Service (QoS) and Quality of Experience (QoE) whereby the latter is an extension of the former taking a user-centric approach, i.e., it is the user who is ultimately consuming a service and, therefore, shall be the focus of attention (see here or here for more details). An interview with Video Quality Experts can be found here.

Quality of Multimedia Experience is basically an application of QoE in the field of multimedia (communication), e.g., Video on Demand, streaming, audio/video conferencing, voice applications, etc. etc.

Recently, quite a few multimedia events (conferences, workshops, symposia) appeared on the horizon and I'd like to name just a few:
"My own" two workshops related to QoS ;-)
If you think something is missing here, please drop me a note...

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Cool article as for me. I'd like to read more about that matter. The only thing it would also be great to see on this blog is some pictures of some gadgets.
    Jeff Trider
    Phone Blocker