In order to develop standardized and efficient solutions for the transport of MPEG media, especially given the recent increase demand in the heterogeneous network environment, MPEG is gathering information on current limitations of available standards in the area of media streaming and challenges in emerging network environments.
To overcome existing limitations and face the challenges that emerging applications impose on the requirements of MMT standardization, ISO/IEC WG11 (MPEG) plans to organize a full-day workshop in Kyoto on Wednesday (11a.m~ 5p.m) January 20 during the 91th WG11 meeting in Japan.
The key intention of the workshop is to get overview state-of-art technologies as well as to require solid use cases and requirements for MMT. This will enable MPEG to draw conclusions for the needs and chances in new transport scheme standardization. For this purpose it is planned to invite speakers on key topics and in addition select a variety of proposed contributions. The following topics will be considered:
Industry experience of multimedia transport
- Delivery of media over IP networks in ptp/ptmp manner
- Progressive download and streaming
- MPEG TS Transport between heterogeneous network
- Delivery and sharing of User created contents
- Peer-to-Peer (P2P) traffic for IPTV services
- Cross-layer designs to improve the Quality of Service/Experience (QoS/QoE)
- Context- and Content-Aware Networks
- Conversion between a stream and a randomly accessible file
- Youngkwon Lim, email@example.com
- Jörn Ostermann, firstname.lastname@example.org