The autumn shows itself from its best side here in Klagenfurt and this is the final call for papers for ACM MMSys 2016 full papers with YouTube as gold sponsor and featuring the Excellence in DASH Award sponsored by the DASH-IF.
ACM MMSys 2016
May 10-13, 2016
Klagenfurt am Wörthersee, Austria
The ACM Multimedia Systems Conference (MMSys) provides a forum for researchers to present and share their latest research findings in multimedia systems. While research about specific aspects of multimedia systems are regularly published in the various proceedings and transactions of the networking, operating system, realtime system, and database communities, MMSys aims to cut across these domains in the context of multimedia data types. This provides a unique opportunity to view the intersections and the inter-play of the various approaches and solutions developed across these domains to deal with multimedia data types.
MMSys is a venue for researchers who explore:
- Complete multimedia systems that provide a new kind of multimedia experience or systems whose overall performance improves the state-of-the-art through new research results in one of more components, or
- Enhancements to one or more system components that provide a documented improvement over the state-of-the-art for handling continuous media or time-dependent services.
Such individual system components include:
- Operating systems
- Distributed architectures and protocol enhancements
- Domain languages, development tools and abstraction layers
- Using new architectures or computing resources for multimedia
- New or improved I/O architectures or I/O devices, innovative uses and algorithms for their operation
- Representation of continuous or time-dependent media
- Metrics, measures and measurement tools to assess performance
This touches aspects of many hot topics including but not limited to: adaptive streaming, games, virtual environments, augmented reality, 3D video, Ultra-HD, HDR, immersive systems, plenoptics, 360° video, multimedia IoT, multi- and many-core, GPGPUs, mobile streaming, P2P, clouds, cyber-physical systems.
Papers should be between 6 and 12 pages long (in PDF format) prepared in the ACM style and written in English. The submission site is open and papers can be submitted using the following URL: http://mmsys2016.itec.aau.at/online-paper-submission/
- Submission Deadline:
November 27, 2015December 4, 2015
- Reviews available to Authors: January 15, 2016
- Rebuttal Deadline: January 22, 2016
- Acceptance Notification: January 29, 2016
- Camera-ready Deadline: March 11, 2016
DASH Industry Forum Excellence in DASH Award
This award offers a financial prize for those papers which best meet the following requirements:
- Paper must substantially address MPEG-DASH as the presentation format
- Paper must be selected for presentation at ACM MMSys 2016
- Preference given to practical enhancements and developments which can sustain future commercial usefulness of DASH
- DASH format used should conform to the DASH IF Interoperability Points as defined by http://dashif.org/guidelines/
Further details about the Excellence in DASH Award can be found here.