Call for Posters/Demo: ACM VideoNext 2014
02 December, Sydney Australia
In Conjunction with ACM CoNEXT 2014
VideoNext 2014 is inviting submissions for a special poster and demo session that will foster lively, informal, and in-depth discussions on emerging topics in video streaming and multimedia communications. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Media streaming, distribution, and storage
- Cloud-assisted video streaming including encoding, transcoding, and adaptation
- Energy efficient multimedia streaming
- Peer-to-peer and cooperative video streaming
- Multimedia communications and system security
- Networked games and real-time immersive systems
- Web 2.0 systems and social networks
- Streaming next generation video like multi-view, panorama and 3D
- Wireless networks and embedded systems for multimedia applications
- Compressive sensing for efficient video capture, processing, and streaming
What and How to Submit
VideoNext posters and demos will be selected on the basis of two-page PDF abstracts, with fonts no smaller than 10 point, using the same format as for regular papers. Abstracts must be submitted using the submission system linked from the call for poster/demo site:
Posters will be reviewed and selected on the following basis:
- Submissions must describe new, interesting work, not previously presented. Posters may be accompanied by demos (subject to limited space). Preference will be given toward posters accompanied by demos.
- Student submissions meeting the above criteria will be given preference; however, non-students may also submit abstracts.
Please provide the following information in your PDF file in addition to presenting your research:
- Poster title
- Author names, affiliations and email addresses
- Mark which authors, if any, are students
- Indicate if you plan to set up a demo with your poster. If so, the submission must include the requirements for the demo setup and presentation. Note that the authors will be responsible to bring and set up any equipment they will need.
All submissions will be reviewed by the TPC of VideoNext 2014.
Accepted posters will be published online on the workshop Web site. At least one author should register and present the poster throughout the entire session. Authors of the best posters will be given award certificates and three minutes each to present their work before the poster session.
- Submission: 17 October 2014
- Notifications: 24 October 2014