12th IFIP/IEEE International Conference on
Management of Multimedia and Mobile Networks and Services
(part of MANWEEK 2009, October 26-30)
Telecom Italia Future Centre, Venice, Italy
Please note that early registration is possible till September 15.
After that registration costs increase with 50 Euro.
In addition, authors MUST register before September 15.
Registration is possible via the Manweek Web site: http://www.manweek.org/2009/
where you can find a list of possible hotels and travel information.
By continuing the long history of success of IFIP/IEEE MMNS,
the 12th edition of MMNS is expected to be even
more interesting, valuable, and fruitful for its participants.
The conference will be organized over two days (October 26 and 27),
associated with the other relevant events included in MANWEEK,
(Manweek Social event on Wed Oct 28) and
will bring together researchers from across the world to present and
discuss the latest in academic/industrial results,
also focused on the year's theme of managing wired-wireless multimedia
networks and services.
MMNS'09 is honored to host 2 excellent keynote speeches:
- jointly with MACE: Prof. Alva Couch (Tufts University)
- jointly with DSOM, MACE and NGNM: tba
In addition, the conference program will consist of 13 high-quality full
papers, selected after a very rigorous review process
(29.7% acceptance ratio), from 11 different countries.
These will be presented in 4 technical sessions, with comfortable space
for questions from the audience.
- Session A: "Multimedia Networks and Systems Management"
1) "Design of an Online Charging System to Support IMS-based Inter-
Domain Composite Services"
2) "Telecom Network and Service Management: An Operator Survey"
3) "On-Demand Multicast Streaming Using Collaborative Prefix Caching"
- Session B: "Multimedia Quality"
4) "Quality Adaptation Mechanisms for Peer-to-Peer Video Streaming"
5) "Modeling of a QoS Matching and Optimization Function for
Multimedia Services in the NGN"
6) "iBE: A Novel Bandwidth Estimation Algorithm for Multimedia
Services over IEEE 802.11 Wireless Networks"
7) "A Cost Function for QoS-Aware Routing in Multi-tier Wireless
Multimedia Sensor Networks"
- Session C: "VoIP and Vocal Applications"
8) "QoE Assessment of VoIP in Next Generation Networks"
9) "NIDA: A Parametric Vocal Quality Assessment Algorithm over
10) "Voice2Web: Architecture for Managing Voice-Application Access to
- Session D: "Peer-to-Peer Multimedia Networks"
11) "A Robust Algorithm for the Membership Management of Super-peer
12) "An Evaluation Criterion for Adaptive Neighbor Selection in
Heterogeneous Peer-to-Peer Networks"
13) "Improving Performance of ALM Systems with Bayesian Estimation of
The program will also include a Short Paper Session with 5 high-
presented together in a Poster Session
(handled jointly with MACE).
1) "Quality of Service for Multicasting in Content Addressable Networks"
2) "A General Architecture for Enabling and End User Services in IMS"
3) "Data Aggregation Scheme for a Multi-Application WSN"
4) "Context-aware IPTV"
5) "COOCHING: Cooperative Prefetching Strategy for P2P Video-on-Demand
Additional information about the final technical program is available
at the conference Web site:
MMNS'09 will be held at the fascinating Telecom Italia Future Centre,
in the worldwide known and magnificent Venice. The conference is
by the International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP)
Working Group 6.6 on
Management of Networks and Distributed Systems, with technical co-
sponsorship by the
IEEE Communications Society and specifically the Technical Committee
Operations and Management (CNOM).