"What problems do Google, Yahoo, HP, Radvision, CeWe, Nokia and other companies see in the future of multimedia? The Multimedia Grand Challenge is a set of problems and issues from these (and other) industry leaders, geared to engage the Multimedia research community in solving relevant, interesting and challenging questions about the industry’s 2-5 year horizon for multimedia."The eight challenges are listed below (in alphabetic order) and for details just follow the link. An overview can be also found at TechCrunch.
- CeWe Challenge: The Next Generation of Tangible Multimedia Products
- Google Challenge: Robust, As-Accurate-As-Human Genre Classification for Video
- HP Challenge: Robust Identification of Informative Multimedia Content in Web Pages
- Nokia Challenge: Where was this Photo Taken, and How?
- Radvision Challenge: Video Conferencing To Surpass “In-Person” Meeting Experience
- Radvision Challenge: Real-time Data Collaboration Adaptation for Multi-Device Video Conferencing
- Yahoo! Challenge: Robust Automatic Segmentation of Video According to Narrative Themes
- Yahoo! Challenge: Robust Clustering Guided by User Intent in Image Search