Date of publication: 19 November 2008
Deadline: 1 April 2009, at 17:00.00 Brussels local time
Indicative budget: EUR 801 million
Challenge 1: Pervasive and Trusted Network and Service Infrastructures
ICT 2009.1.1 The Network of the Future: Collaborative projects (STREP, IP)
- Future Internet Architectures and Network Technologies: (a) novel Internet architectures and technologies and (b) flexible and cognitive network management and operation frameworks.
- Spectrum-efficient radio access to Future Networks: (a) next-generation mobile radio technologies, (b) cognitive radio and network technologies, and (c) novel radio network.
- Converged infrastructures in support of Future Networks: (a) ultra high capacity optical transport/access networks and (b) converged service capability across heterogeneous access
- Content aware networks and network aware applications: (a) Architectures and technologies for converged and scalable networking and delivery of multimedia content and services dynamically optimized with policies taking into account the content and adaptation needs, the user contexts, requirements and social relational network for a variety of contents, services that may include home management, applications, locations and mobility scenarios. They enable multiple user roles as content producer, user or manager. (b) Maintaining the integrity and quality of media across media life cycle to optimize quality of experience in collaborative media creation and delivery scenarios, with optimized sharing, storage, retrieval, fusion capabilities
- 3D Media Internet: (a) Architectures and technologies for Future Media Internet and 3D processing and (b) technologies for 3D content representation with configuration/adaptation capabilities in multiple virtual worlds.
- Networked search and retrieval: (a) Networked technologies and architectures with repositories and cached content optimizing networked search, adaptation and access to relevant multimedia information composed of several information sources, types and origins, including physical world event information. It covers interaction with content, media-to-network and to (mobile) device dynamic adaptation, search capabilities across distributed media systems and P2P networks, and adaptation to context and to specific application domains. (b) Adaptive technologies based on relevance or contextual and user feedback enabling personalization of multimedia networked search, as a function of user contexts, perception and usage profile.
- Immersive media experiences beyond HDTV and electronic cinema: End-to-end architectures for next generation multimedia and cinema experiences beyond
- Networks of Excellence for 1., 2., and 4.
- Support measures for 1-3.