- Network-Integrated Multimedia Middleware (NMM)**
- LIRe: Lucene Image Retrieval (An Extensible Java CBIR Library)
- GpuCV (An OpenSource GPU-Accelerated Framework for Image Processing and Computer Vision)
- An Open Source Software Framework for DVB-* Transmission: OpenCaster and FATCAPS
- FOBS: An Open Source Object-Oriented Library for Accessing Multimedia Content
The panel discussion was about multimedia education: can we find unity in diversity? All panelists concluded that there's a lack of good, comprehensive text books. Furthermore, we should also think about a multimedia curriculum which should be multi-disciplinary, i.e., should have modules from computer science, electrical engineering, and "arts" (e.g., production tools). See also here...